Hearing loss is typically a slow process, making it easy to overlook the subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds. Even though children are regularly tested, most adults don’t even think about scheduling a hearing exam like they would their vision. You wouldn’t ignore a decline in your vision, so why wouldn’t you monitor your hearing health?
It’s essential to get routine hearing exams, here are six reasons why:
- Spotting the Signs: Day-to-day situations can reveal potential hearing problems. Do you frequently need people to repeat what they said? Do you have a difficult time hearing in loud settings? Are you constantly cranking the volume on your TV up? It’s time for you to get a hearing test if you answered yes to most of these questions.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association recommends hearing screenings every 10 years until age 50, and every three years thereafter.
- Family History Matters: If other members of your family have hearing issues, this is a good reason to schedule a hearing test with us at Bright Life Hearing Care, LLC in Bloomington, IN.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing assessments give a frame of reference for future hearing assessment comparisons, enabling you to monitor changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Routine hearing tests can detect issues early on, such as earwax buildup or noise-related hearing loss, allowing for prompt treatment and avoiding additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Underlying medical conditions, including kidney disease, cardiovascular disease, or high blood pressure can sometimes be revealed by hearing loss. Treating these conditions may improve your hearing.
Neglected hearing loss can have far-reaching consequences, affecting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Hearing aids can significantly improve your hearing and overall quality of life, permitting you to fully take part in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and remain alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on important work meetings, the laughter of your grandchildren, or the voice of a loved one.
Safeguard your hearing and keep enjoying the sounds of your life by making an appointment for a hearing test with us in Bloomington, IN right away. 812-247-8502